Follow by Email

Monday, July 25, 2011

Comic-Con 2011 starts with Captain America


Comic-Con, where do I start? Wow!! Crazy, fun and so much more. On Wednesday I flew from DC to San Diego and sat next the cutest little boy who was moving to San Diego with his family. He kept tapping me on the shoulder asking me questions about the mountains out the window. By the end of the flight he was sitting in my lap. What a great way to start the trip. Needless to say, 3:30am came very quickly on Thursday. In my pj’s down to the Sheraton lobby to do the show I went. Immediately after the show, I ran to the Convention Center in downtown San Diego to get my badge, that was when I got my first glimpse of the REAL fans of Comic-Con. The costumes are amazingly creative and no expense is spared. Check out the Comic-Con Photo Gallery on the front page of my website www.christineeads.com. Once I got my badge, I hit the ground running. First stop; the movie theater to see a screening of Captain America: The First Avenger. They were running a little late showing the movie since Chris Evans, Captain America himself, was stopping by each theater to say hello. It was very cool. The war girls were all dressed up and dancing as well. If you are not familiar with the comic book characters (which I was not) the movie is all about Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), a skinny, wimpy man who wanted to serve his country in WWII

He is constantly rejected but never gives up. When he runs across Dr. Abraham Erskine, played by Stanley Tucci, his dreams are answered. That is where the transformation begins and let me tell you that the difference is amazing! The special effects are fantastic, making his little body on his head look real and then his REAL body comes into play. Ladies and gentleman, you will not be disappointed. The movie is great and actually very funny. Tommy Lee Jones plays Colonel Chester Phillips and, along with Tucci, his comedic timing is amazing. Hayley Atwell and her red lips are beautiful as the leading lady.

But, Hayley is no damsel in distress, which I love; she is a bad ass military broad who can wield a gun. If you are not a fan of comics, just suspend disbelief, especially for the train scene. I highly recommend this movie. It is fantastic, fun and the kids will love it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment